Sexton self-propelled gun moving up towards Escoville during Operation 'Goodwood', 18 July 1944.

We decided that the Sexton belonged to the Leicester Yeomanry of the Guards Armoured Division, who were known to be somewhere out on our left flank. For reasons that have always escaped both of us, Lieutenant John Alford and myself either volunteered, or were ordered, to investigate this situation, with a view to rendering some assistance to the wounded.

Comments are closed.

Content Protected Using Blog Protector By: PcDrome.